Alan P. Agins, PhD
President: PRN Associates, Ltd.
Continuing Healthcare Education
Dr. Alan P. Agins received a Masters in Pharmacology & Toxicology and a Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences from the University of Rhode Island. He has held faculty appointments at Brown University Medical School, Northeastern University School of Pharmacy and University of Virginia School of Nursing. During his tenure at Brown, Dr. Agins was the recipient of the Dean’s Teaching Excellence Award for five consecutive years. Over the past twenty-two years, Dr. Agins has lectured nationally on all topics of pharmacology to more than 88,000 advanced practice clinicians and allied healthcare professionals. He has authored three books, co-authored textbook chapters and has served as primary reviewer for various journals, CE monographs, textbooks and newsletters, and has presented more than 300 live CE webinars to pharmacists for AMN Healthcare over the past 9 years. Dr. Agins recently developed and launched a continuing education website, Pharmacology One-on-One (pharm1on1.com) featuring engaging studio-produced, high def streaming videos on various pharmacology topics.
The “take-home-message” that Dr. Agins attempts to instill is to adopt a profound respect for, but also cautious attitude about drugs – what they can do…and what their limitations are. After many years “on the road” and every conceivable pharmacology question from his audiences, Dr. Agins maintains a great sense of humor and wit, as well as a unique talent for breathing life into dry or difficult subject matter. His goal is to make this course memorable, informative and enjoyable for everyone who attends.
- Amazingly knowledgeable and up to date information! Dr. Alan Agins was very informative and entertaining! He made it fun to learn! Kevin Harriger, APRN, FNP-BC, ACNP-BC, Gering, NE
- Excellent faculty. Great combination of clinical knowledge paired with pharmacology. Presented in a very understandable format. What a great conference delivered by excellent speakers. I may not practice each subject we learned every day, but it was a great refresher course. Looking forward to attending the other days I missed in the future. -Maritess Morales, FNP-c, Berkeley, CA
- I have been in practice for over 20 years. I have attended many sessions on pharmacology for advanced practice clinicians in the past. Dr. Agins is terrific. Excellent conference!” Dr. Corranda Kosciolek, MSN, FNP-BC, DHA, Temecula, CA
- I had been looking for a well-rounded comprehensive pharm review and this course exceeded my expectations. I’m already looking forward to repeating their course in a few years – there is that much information!! I’ve been an NP for 12-years and cannot get over how much I (re)learned!! LaNora Cook MSN, FNP, Visalia, CA
- The best information on pharmacology in a conference format and the most entertaining. You won’t be disappointed. Laura Schwartz, MSN, FNP El Sobrante, CA