Now in its 18th year, ”Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Clinicians,” will be held in:
- San Francisco, CA - September 10-16, 2012
- Washington D.C. – October 8-14, 2012
- Las Vegas, NV – November 5-11, 2012
Advanced practice clinicians now have the ability to apply for prescriptive authority in all states. With the advent of health reform and the spotlight on primary care, APCs will play a significant role in handling the increased number of patients accessing the health care system. It is essential to be up-to-date on the latest pharmaceuticals available for a variety of acute and chronic conditions, including therapeutic effects, monitoring patient response, and managing side effects. Achieving prescriptive authority also significantly improves marketability in this changing economic and health care environment.
This is the perfect course for those seeking or who need to renew their prescriptive authority. Our Principal Instructors, Alan Agins, PhD and Jody Agins, MSN, RNP, FNP/GNP-BC, WCC, have designed a comprehensive pharmacology course which addresses the pharmacology of current medications as well as clinical application in the primary care setting. Additional clinician faculty members enhance learning through specialty application and case study discussions.
Highlights of these courses include:
- A dynamic Preconference on Pediatric Pharmacology, focusing on medications and prescribing regimens specific to the specialty of caring for children.
- Experienced and knowledgeable clinical faculty with a relaxed and entertaining teaching style.
- Case-based and interactive discussion to help you apply the content to clinical problems you face daily in your practice.
- Daily registration for those with selective needs for renewing prescriptive authority or updating current knowledge in pharmacology.
- California BRN Schedule II Controlled Substances educational requirements are included in the San Francisco and Las Vegas courses.
Prescribing Schedule II Controlled Substances
The San Francisco and Las Vegas courses will offer content to meet the requirements of the California Board of Registered Nursing to furnish Schedule II medications. It will be presented on Friday in San Francisco and Las Vegas. California NPs and CNMs who already have a furnishing number may register for Friday only in and receive a Schedule II certificate.